Sunday, January 09, 2005

I've got a Dentist Appointment..




I really don't like the dentist. At least I'm not alone. Disliking Dentists has become a socially accepted fear. The sound of the drill, the smell of antiseptic and the dust from teeth. The waiting. They make you wait. You see people stumbling out from the back with gauze and all sorts of contraptions attached to them. No one ever looks happy except the Dentist and the Secretary.

I'm sure I'll have to fill out some forms and things too. What types of medication are you currently taking? Are you allergic to any types of medication? If yes please list them here. It's all so informal and unnerving. There are magazines to read. Go ahead and pick one up if you're itching to see your Doctor in a week. That book you just touched is nothing more than a porous germ-filled sponge.

With my luck the Dentist will tell me that I have something wonderful like Root Canal, or another type of painfull oral surgery to look forward to. More likely than not I'll be in pretty bad shape once it's all over. I haven't been to the dentist in a while, and I'm sure he'll more than make up for our short time apart.

My appointment is January 18th and I can't wait. Really, I can't. If I start waiting now I'll get myself so worked up by the 18th that I'll end up skipping it altogether. So, even though I'm posting this on the 9th please don't remind me until at least the 17th.

You think I'm crazy now. Maybe you're right. However, before you judge me click this link:

Search for the words Dental & Fear on Google

No comments: