Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Dentist - Episode IV: A New Appointment



Well I went to the Dentist after a very rough night of sleep. I wasn't thinking about the appointment, but my nerves were shot. I probably got two good hours of sleep though.

I finally got out of bed at around 8:30am, shaved, and brushed my teeth twice. I didn't eat anything. I wanted to save my Dentist the effort of removing left over pizza from between my teeth. That's all we had to that was edible. Aside from Bran Flakes.

Eventually 10am rolled around and it was time to go. We got there just in time so I didn't have to wait long before they called me in. It took 5 minutes at the most which saved me from the temptation to pick up one of their dirty magazines. Not "Hustler Dirty" - "Bacteria/Virus Dirty"..

All they did today was give my teeth a good cleaning and take new X-Rays. After that they decided that I had a few problems. They said it would take two or three more one hour visits before all the problems would be fixed. Then the old guy who will be working on my teeth came in and poked around a little too.

My gums are sore as hell. I think the lady there flossed my teeth three or four times before it was all over. Her little "Pick" did most of the damage though. It felt like she was sticking it in my gum and pulling up to scratch at my teeth.

From now on I'm not going to drink so much Pop or eat stuff with lots of sugar. That'll help me kill two birds with one stone. I'll have healthier teeth and lose a little weight. Actually, I think I drank my first full glass of sugar free Iced Tea ever today.

My next appointment is Febuary the 8th. I'm done worrying about the Dentist for now though. I've got a couple weeks to settle my nerves before I get all worked up about the drill I'll be hearing on the 8th. Wow, if I wasn't so tired I would have gotten a chill just now.

I don't think I'll be online tonight since I hardly slept at all and spent all day running around town. I got a new tooth brush. The Dentist recommended it to me before he left the room. I won't get to try it out until it charges for 16 hours though. It's the new "Oral-B® AdvancePowerTM 980 TX". Sadly I'll be using my junky "Crest SpinBrush Pro" tonight. Oh, the company that makes "Glide" floss got bought out by Crest. I noticed the new "Crest Glide" logo when I picked up a yard of it at the store.

I'll talk to you all soon. I wanted to be there tonight. My hopes weren't too high though. I knew I wasn't going to sleep well. I hope you all have a good time and my stories about the Dentist amuse you somehow. I know I'll be "lol" and ":)" when it's your turn. Haha..

No comments: