Saturday, May 14, 2005

MSN on the alert with MessageCast acquisition | The Register

MSN on the alert with MessageCast acquisition | The Register:

"Microsoft has bought MessageCast, the messaging and alerts technology startup that provides the foundation for its MSN Alerts service, for an undisclosed sum.

MSN's Alerts has been based on MessageCast's technology since 2003, but this move will allow Microsoft greater access to the technology, and means the alerts service will be extended to new content channels, the company said."

--

The blog alerts that I configured through Message Cast a while back haven't worked since news of this merger came out. I visited the new MSN branded MessageCast website and accepted their new TOS. As far as I know that didn't fix the issue. I was assured by MSN that the service would remain free, however I had to make agreement with MSN which allows them to insert ads into the alerts.

I'm sure the alerts will start working again soon. Maybe one will pop up after I submit this post. It's hard to tell. The merger/buyout of MessageCast will have to push through a few bumps.

No comments: