Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year!

It's official. The crappiest year on human record is finally over! I keep trying to think of the good things that happened, but nothing really comes to mind. So I figured I'd make a list of the bad.

Most Notable Celebrity Deaths:
  • Ronald Regan
  • Christopher Reeve
  • Ray Charles
  • Jerry Orbach
  • Rodney Dangerfield
  • Julia Child
  • Marlon Brando
  • Tony Randal
There were also many other good people who died this year. Even though I don't know their names they're still in my thoughts.

Most Notable Court Trials:
  • Kobe Bryant vs. Jane Doe
  • Scott Peterson vs. California
  • Martha Stewart vs. "The Feds"
  • Coral Eugene Watts vs. Michigan
  • Michael Jackson vs. California
  • Robert Blake vs. California
Please remind me never to move to California. I didn't realize until just now how many cazy things happened there this year. I could fill an entire list with just those.

Most Notably Bad Entertainment Decisions:
  • Britney Spears Marries, Anulls, Marries Again
  • Ben Afflec & Jennifer Lopez
  • Arnold Wins California
  • Celebrity Baby Names
  • Ashley Simpson Gets Busted For Lip Synching
Please remind me never to be a Celebrity as well. Though I do believe I could do a better job at it than the celebrities who were in the spotlight this year. I would have Lip Synched too by the way.

I'm sure glad this thing is over. If 2004 were just a dream and I woke up on January 1st '04 again, I would jump off a bridge. I'm surprised everyone made it this long. Maybe next year will be better, but don't we always say that?

My Predictions For 2005:
  • Someone I Know Will Make More Money Than Me
  • A Celebrity Will Do Something Stupid
  • A Politician Will Do Something Worse
  • My Computer Will Finally Die
  • My Cat Will Sleep On Me While I'm Typing
  • Mozilla Will Release Firefox Version 1.1
  • I Will Still Be A Hermit On Deceber 31st
I would bet money on those things. I don't have any though. Maybe something good will happen in '05. Maybe we'll cure some horrible disease or switch to an all credit system like in Star Trek & Star Wars. Maybe we'll invent the Phaser too. I'd prefer a Mandalorian Blaster Rifle myself.

Hey, 2005 might even be the year that I stop being a geek. No.. That's not going to happen. I have to much fun being this way to just give it up.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year. Just like everyone else says. I really mean it though. Happy New Year!

No comments: